PechaKucha Night Winnipeg is back for 2018 for Volume 33 on 2.22 (we love repeating numbers), and with it comes a new PKN crew, a fresh coat of paint, and most importantly, a brand spankin' new group of folks ready to share their ideas and experiences with you, Winnipeg!
Despite these changes, the same PechaKucha Night that you know and love will still be at The Park Theatre, and doors will open as usual at 7:30 PM, with the show starting at 8:20 PM (or 20:20).
Admission is pay-what-you-want, but we suggest $10.
If you're new to all of this, here's what's up: PechaKucha is a simple 20x20 presentation format where speakers show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically as speakers talk about anything they want along to the images, so each talk is a grand total of six minutes and 40 seconds long. PechaKucha Night Winnipeg is presented by GDC MB.
1. Keith Macpherson, Mindfulness Coach/Author/Musician
2. Megan Jensen, Host – «Gameslackers», UMFM
3. Bram Keast, Painter, Printmaker and Illustrator
4. Daniel Voth, Game Developer, Organizer – Winnipeg Game Jam
5. Keegan Steele, Artist, Musician – Yes We Mystic
6. Rachelle Kirouac & Shannon Loewen, Landscape Architecture Interns – HTFC
7. Luke Thiessen, Nonprofit Communications Professional
8. Charlie Johnston, Sign Painter and Mural Artist
9. Hope Nicholson, Publisher – Bedside Press
10. Jacqueline Young, Photographer – Stationpoint Photographic
11. Alec Holowka, Game Developer and Composer
12. Diane Roussin, Executive Director – Winnipeg Boldness Project
Speakers List is subject to change.
This year's posters are designed by Adam Globa.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for more updates: twitter.com/pkn_winnipeg
The official PechaKucha Night Winnipeg Vol 33 hashtag is #pknwpg33.
And for more information and to see past talks, check out our website at: pechakucha.org/cities/winnipeg