Weekend Dates: May 12-13, May 26-27 & June 9-10
CLICK Link below for ONLINE APPLICATION
Yin Yoga Teacher Training Application Form
CONTACT: [email protected]
Must complete 40 contact hours and 20 distance hours to earn a 60hour YYTT Certification.
Learn to teach Yin Yoga
With the increasing demands of our fast paced lives, stress is a major factor on our health. Stress manifests in the body and mind in various ways, leading to fatigue, ailment, and even disease. The practice of Yin Yoga is becoming more and more recognized by health and wellness experts for maintaining good health and restoring a sense of well-being.
Yin Yoga is a therapeutic practice that has transformative effects on that body and mind. The gentle but consistent stimulation of the connective tissue encourages long-term health and flexibility of the joints, recharges the energetic
system of the body, and naturally draws the mind inward into a relaxed, meditative state. It also prepares the body and mind for longer meditation practices.
This training is designed for teachers and dedicated practitioners with at least two years of experience. Prior experience in Yin Yoga is not required; however, you need a keen interest in the subjects of Anatomy, Qi Theory, Philosophy, and Meditation. Aspiring Yin teachers will gain the skills and knowledge to confidently teach series of set sequenced classes with a special focus on target areas such as hips, hamstrings, and quads.
Key Concepts to be covered
• 14 joint segment analysis
• Tension and compression
• Skeletal variation
• 4 myofascial compartments of the thigh
• 6 myofascial compartments of the torso
• 3 layers of a joint
• Muscle contraction
• Fascial contracture
• Theory of exercise
• 26 poses
• Sequencing, transitioning and counterposes
• Assisted Yin Yoga
• Variations of poses
• Props and adjustments
As a Trauma Sensitive Yoga teacher, I was drawn to Yin Yoga to learn how to heal people but also to teach them how to heal themselves… I have weaved the asanas into my students practice to help them reap the benefits of Yin Yoga, such as keeping them in emotional and physical balance.
I'd highly recommend Monica's The Science of Yin Yoga 60-hour certification program for any and all Yoga teachers and experienced practitioners wanting to take their Yoga knowledge and practice to the next level. My participation in Monica's 60-hour course helped me deeper dive into Yoga philosophy, anatomy, and also gain a better understanding of our fascial network. -Derek Pang
Monica puts her heart and soul into her teaching and can inspire and teach both beginners and advanced teachers and students. She creates a very supportive, caring environment in which to learn and is always available for questions and help even ongoing after the course has ended.
• Yin Practice
• Teaching Practice
40 contact hours
20 distance hours
Course manual, assignments and quizzes will be provided.
THE THEORY: Yin and Yang. the dynamic duo.
• By understanding the profound relationship between yin and yang, we gain deeper insight into how to live, work, practice, and heal with greater skill and harmony.
• Yin Yoga: Who, what, where and why?
THE PRACTICE: Posture lab: Teaching methodology
• Yin yoga postures demonstrated, observed, & discussed.
• How to sequence a class skillfully.
• Includes practice and teaching time. Receive and give supportive feedback in teaching style. What makes a good teacher and how to bring ‘you’ into your teaching while holding space for your students.
• How to adapt the practice for different bodies, experience levels, themes, and contraindications.
THE BODY: Anatomy & Physiology: Understanding the systems.
• Yin & Yang aspects of the body (tissues, organs, systems, and energy)
• Understanding connective tissue: fascia, bones, joints and ligaments and how they influence our practice, movement, and overall health.
THE MIND: Mindfulness Meditation: Quieting the mind.
• Understanding why and how to meditate. Most recent research and practical benefits.
• The 4 noble truths. Central ideas of Buddhism.
• Yin yoga preparing us to sit still.
THE SPARK: Chinese Medicine & yoga
• Learn how the body is really one integrated system connected by the meridians.
• Meridian mapping: Discovering the trajectory of the 6 meridians that travel through the hips, low back and legs.
• The fantastic 5: Explore the 5 yin organs and their functions, the 5 emotions, the 5 body types and the 5 elements. So fun and insightful!
• Exploring the Chakra system and Qi energy.
• Non-contact hours, theoretical and practical assignments are given to broaden your understanding, appreciation and love of the material.